Monday, January 26, 2009

What I've learned from learning...

I'm one of those obsessive-compulsive type people who feel the need to know everything before doing anything. Sounds annoying doesn't it? If you don't think so, just ask my wife.

I actually started researching this pvp thing well before I ever made moves within my carebear corporation. I'd read forums, study guides, look at fittings, examine my characters skillsheet, etc. I was trying to become a good pvper before leaving the dock.

It is quite difficult to do that in EvE. There is a lot of learning that needs to be done once undocked.

Get a ship, get it fitted and go learn! Fly something inexpensive and don't get down on yourself when it goes pop.

Learn about the scanner, intel/age on the pilot you are hunting down, ship types, good/bad targets, dealing with drones, spiralling/MWD/AD/orbits and other maneuvers, criminal countdowns, ranges, ammo types, tackling, etc. There are a myriad of things that are best learned out in space.

I'm learning more everyday. I'm a confident rookie now. Get the basics down then you can start listening to your corpmates or understand what they are talking about on the forums.

Happy Hunting Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment