Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trials of a Carebear

How does one become a pirate? or desire such a fate? I suppose the answers are numerous and as varied as the EvE universe itself.

I will tell you the tale of one lowly pilot who found his way there after a somewhat indirect journey...

I played the 14-day three separate times before I was able to get past the initial roadblocks that face an EvE player who has no goals. After the trials, I would return to my current MMO and leave space behind... only to return with another e-mail address and yet another 14-day trial.

It was a confusing time in my gaming life.

Toff Lemire?? No I'm not French. I am about as scary though. I drill and pull teeth during the day and fire off autocannons at night. That's right... I'm a pirate dentist. My original names were lost to e-mails and passwords forgotten. I used one of my original names Tofflemire and threw in a space. I won't bore you with the details and uses of a Tofflemire. I just need to clarify that I'm not French :)

Enough of the naming Reminisning. Back to the boring.

My last (and current) subscription to the game involved many months in the NPC corp followed by some months in a carebear corp. I did all sort of exciting things (/sarcasm off) like dock trading, mission running and salvaging.

Even while I was doing this I would dream of player-versus-player combat.

The day came. I joined a pvp corp, signed up for a pvp course, paid my tuition and prepared for my last days of carebeardom. The course came and went, my corporation disbanded and I was referred to The Tuskers.

This my friends is where this young pilot's life changed in ways that are yet to be shared...

1 comment: